Monday, February 20, 2012

What i learned in class during 2/16/12 & 2/17/12

              The major thing i learned is the Dihybrid Cross. Some fun fact i learned about it is that it has sixteen boxes not like the monohybrid one, it only has four boxes. I also learned that Dihybrid Cross is a cross between F1 offspring of two individuals that differ in two traits of particular interest. I also learned another law which is law of independent assortment. It just means that the factors are distributed to gametes independently of other factors.
               I learned about blood types. AB can receive from every blood type. O can donate to every blood type. Also blood type AB is not that common, its rare.

1 comment:

  1. Alfonso, the dihybrids don't have to be the F1 generation, they could be a P cross. The alleles don't have to be contrasting as long as there are two different traits that are being considered.

    ReplyDelete